Firmware update issue

• I just tried to update the firmware on my machine. I downloaded the update to a mini sd card and inserted it into my machine. I keep getting a notice that says: "download. init failed" anyone know what that means or how to fix it?

• after you downloaded the file did you unzip it into the usb drive?

• I've been having the same issue. 

I have downloaded and unzipped into the micro SD card. 

I'm sure my error message was volume. init failed

• @Jonathan Blevins 

my mistake you are correct it says volume not download. Looks like we have the same issue 

• Debug Advice
    Debug Advice
    This is a person who has been through the loop..you can probably trust what they say!

What size micro SD are you using? Check if format is FAT32.

• I am using a 128 gig card. I will get a smaller card and try. Thanks for the input 

• Bingo, FAT32 was the solution. 

I reformatted my SD card, and it worked a treat. 

Reformatted back into a more modern format to put my stuff back on, but happy days, it worked 

• @Jonathan Blevins   Yup for some reason we can't quite figure the SD Card software rejects some but not all larger NTFS and EXFAT formatted SD card.  Simple answer is to go back to a FAT32 formatted SD.

I'm gonna add this to the readme file and release notes.

Cheers
    AM

• Debug Advice
    Debug Advice
    This is a person who has been through the loop..you can probably trust what they say!

Not sure if it's an issue with the USB as well but, if you have a larger stick, search for a free program called "USB Disk Storage Format Tool." This will allow you to format larger USB sticks that are normally EXFat to FAT32. Ther are other programs to do it, that's just the one I've used.

I don't pass up blow out sales on 64-128GB sticks 😊

• @Jonathan Blevins Thank You - Had the same issue on a 128GB card - found a 1GB in "throw away" pile

• @ANDREW Miller Yes you should update the directions